This blog has moved to http://ikhwanhayat.net

Monday, March 20, 2006

The Art in Computer Programming

Seorang colleague (I always had a hard time spelling 'colleague'), pada beberapa hari yang lepas, telah menudingkan kepada ku satu artikel:

The Art in Computer Programming http://www.developerdotstar.com/mag/articles/art_computer_programming.html

Ditulis oleh Andy Hunt dan Dave Thomas, penulis buku "The Pragmatic Programmer", yang tengah aku baca sekarang (err, bukan sekarang, nanti balik rumah).

Beberapa petikan dari perenggan-perenggan awal artikel yang panjang ini:

"What exactly is software development, and why is it so hard? This is a question that continues to engage our thoughts. Is software development an engineering discipline? Is it art? Is it more like a craft?"

"In a way, we programmers are quite lucky. We get the opportunity to create entire worlds out of nothing but thin air. Our very own worlds, complete with our own laws of physics. We may get those laws wrong of course, but it's still fun."

Membicarakan beberapa perkara macam prototyping (dan "tracer bullet"), coupling and cohesion, dan sebagainya.

2 Comments:

At 3/22/2006 02:25:00 pm, Blogger Hamdi said...

Very good book.

I read it in the year 2002. It validated many of my ideas and strategies that I was using for my team at that time. One notable strategy was using code generator in our development. After that, I did not look back and gave a significant amount of focus and effort into code generator.

Today, I am still searching for anyone to validate my code generator approach combined with AOP which I started using in late 2004.

 
At 3/22/2006 06:04:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am half-way finished reading The Pragmatic Programmer. It got all the bits and pieces of concept that I've been picking up for the whole last year. Wish I knew about it earlier :P

How about bro Hamdi share with us your recommended reading list. A good idea for a blog entry right :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home