This blog has moved to http://ikhwanhayat.net

Friday, March 10, 2006

Emailing Blog Entries

I found that sending entries through email is easy and enjoyable. The only drawback is, with my email client, I can't do HTML, sending it as plain text right now. The Blogger engine cleverly detect whether the email message is in plain text or HTML (don't know about RTF). If plain text, it will format it accordingly, like changing newlines to <br> and converting < > to &lt; &gt;. If it's HTML, it will leave it as it is.

They gave me Ms Outlook 2000 here, and can't find a way to directly edit the HTML while writing email messages. The way Outlook format the HTML messed up my site bad. Do you know any email client that allow us to edit the HTML?

I'm thinking to roll out my own simple SMTP client, where I can edit the HTML message, just for the purpose of sending blog entries :) Not really that hard to do with .NET, I just need time do it. I'm looking forward on spamming my own blog in the near future :P

5 Comments:

At 3/11/2006 10:49:00 am, Blogger beeXan said...

Well, your entry still looks nice although you've entered it via mail. So, keep on bloggin' bro :)

 
At 3/11/2006 04:18:00 pm, Blogger Ikhwan Hayat said...

Thats because I sent it plain text. But can't do HTML tags, no anchor links, and no images. I just think blog entries without links are just too dull.

 
At 3/12/2006 07:12:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

waaa best la idea ko... hantar terus dari email ke blogger .

 
At 3/15/2006 03:45:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

kalau guna moveble type API cam mana ?

contoh macam writely.com yang blh publish terus ke blog ...

 
At 3/15/2006 09:47:00 pm, Blogger Ikhwan Hayat said...

Movable type? entah? tak pernah pakai movable type. MT ada feature utk post via email ke? Feature ni rasa complex sikit, kena ada integration dgn MTA (mail transfer agent). Script jenis pasang2 sendiri mcm MT tu boleh ke?

Btw, kalau nak guna blog client yg boleh install kat PC sendiri, boleh cuba w.bloggar
http://wbloggar.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home