This blog has moved to http://ikhwanhayat.net

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

anti-keseronokan Has Moved!

I finally rent a shared web host, and register the domain name that I've been long dreaming of. One of the main intention is to host my own personal site and blog. WordPress is a very plausible choice for that, so I test it for a while and set it up in the web host. In the process of migrating from Blogger to WordPress, I manage to screw-up my lovely OliveDrab layout. Note to you guys, please don't bet your future on WordPress import function, and if some instruction says that you should back-up your blog template, please make sure you obey! How the importer work is by changing your blog layout to some CSV-ish text style, use cURL to read the page, and split the content into DB. Wow, that sucks big time man. I thought it gonna use Blogger API, thats why I didn't back-up. It failed half way and it left my blog in that ugly text layout. Finally I managed to prevail. The trick: leech the site using HTTrack, setup the Apache to serve the files locally on my machine (just to make sure it works, I dont know if cURL understands "file://"). Then, I run the importer script; the hacked version that is, by yours truly :) It took so long to run, but it ends up okay in the end, so all is fine. Then I dumped the SQL and import it on the web host server. So finally, you can now visit the new blog at http://ikhwanhayat.net/.

For you feed subscribers, please change your subscription to any of these, for the continuity of your anti-keseronokan goodness, http://ikhwanhayat.net/feed/atom/ (Atom) http://ikhwanhayat.net/feed/ (RSS 2.0) Bye Blogger, it's been fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home