This blog has moved to http://ikhwanhayat.net

Friday, March 03, 2006

Good Ol' Echo

/*Testing sending entries via email*/

Been doing brain-numbing code work lately. One that involves a DataList, inside another DataList. And presentation logics which in one case a text should be written as "Address", another case be written as "Location", and another as "Situation". This project is a portage of a legacy console base system, to a web app. The kind of job that will quickly drain the spirit of life out of you. <br><br> I need to handle the parent DataList ItemCreated event to wire-up events for the child DataList. And also handle ItemDataBound event for both DataList to do text formatting. Which, later on, made me realize how stupid and hard this is. I came to a conclusion that I'd be better off by rendering HTML tags from server code, and I picked HtmlTextWriter as the weapon of choice for this round. <br><br> Good bye data binding. Hush, don't cry, I'll come back to you surely. <br><br> echo "&lt;h1&gt;Owh yeah!&lt;/h1&gt;";

2 Comments:

At 3/06/2006 08:42:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

data list boleh ada dalam datalist?

anyway.. get well soon.. just hang in there!!!

 
At 3/06/2006 11:34:00 pm, Blogger Ikhwan Hayat said...

Boleh. Cuma utk databind DataList yg kat dalam tu jadi leceh sikit.

Thanx.. still sick, tapi dah ok la sikit. Saya kalau sakit lambat baik..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home